Friday, April 27, 2012

The Agfa experiment

I have a bit of a thing for cameras... My count is currently up to eight vintage, new, near-new, film, manual, digital, polaroid cameras. One of my favourites is my Agfa, simply because a) It looks awesome, and b) it takes beautiful grainy photos that make things look like they're 100 years old.
So this is my first experiment with the Agfa... not the best photos in the world, but I like them anyway because they're of Wellington and I love black and white/vintage photography. And there's nothing quite like taking care when you take a photo because you don't want to waste film and then waiting a week before you can make the trip across town to one of the only places in the city that develops film, then waiting another week for it to be developed, then going back in, choosing the good ones to get printed, then waiting another week before going back to collect your prints. Just like the old days :).






Happy Friday! Have a fabulous weekend :)

2 comments:

  1. It looks like my vintage agfa, which I also love. It's not about quality of photo, more about the feel it gives. I got mine from a garage sale and it was off a navy boat called the H.M.S Watson and from the 50s I think. I Love it! It's wonderful not knowing what you're going to get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I actually ended up hunting for one after seeing the photos you posted on Facebook from your Agfa. Found one on Trademe for $40 - probably paid waaay too much but I really wanted one! Lol

    ReplyDelete