WALNUT AND FRUIT LOAF
Makes 2 loaves (24 slices)
½ cup sultanas
½ cup chopped dried apricots
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup hot water
400g can lite sweetened condensed milk
½ cup golden syrup
3 cups wholemeal flour
½ cup chopped walnuts
· Preheat oven to 150 degrees. Line 2 loaf tins.
· Place sultanas, apricots and baking soda in large bowl, stir in hot water.
· Add condensed milk and golden syrup. Stir until combined.
· Add flour and walnuts, stir until well combined.
· Spoon mixture into loaf tins. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
· Allow to cool in the tin. Turn out of tin and slice to serve.
*Tip: Cut into slices once cooled, wrap each indivudual slice in gladwrap and freeze so it doesn't go stale and you can take a peice whenever you need to. Great for when you sleep in and you miss breakfast - grab a slice, chuck it in your bag, and by the time you get to work it's defrosted and you have a healthy breakfast!