Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Healthy May - week 4

Man a month goes fast! So this will be my last Healthy May post. I hope you've tried out my healthy recipes and enjoyed them as much as I do.

Sometimes it's hard to know if you're doing all the right things - there's so much conflicting information out there about what's good and what's bad for you. But I had a moment last week when I realised just how healthy I've been.
I was having a bit of a bad day, and at about 3pm, that point in the the day when you feel like curling up into a ball and going to sleep, I decided to go for a walk and get myself a treat. Sugar has alway been my way of cheering myself up, so I went and got a hot chocolate and a lemon slice. The first sip of hot chocolate and the first bite of lemon slice was absolute bliss, but when I got about halfway through both, I felt sick, and I just wanted to go back to work and have some green tea.
It was a real surprise, and it made me feel so good about how I'm treating my body now - I no longer crave sugar all the time and I've also stopped eating bigger meals than what I need. I feel awesome! Have any of you had a similar moment of realisation?
Fitness wise, I think I've done pretty well despite being held back from the gym by a week of tonsilitis and whiplash from a car crash on the weekend. I feel like focussing on my health this month has given me a totally different attitude towards health in general and a much better awareness of my body. As I said at the beginning of the month, this month was not just a fad diet, it was a lifestyle change, an attitude change, and I think I have achieved that.
How about you? Do you feel changed? Like you can do anything? Are you fearless?

No comments:

Post a Comment